Tuesday 24 August 2010

NM to VA: Owl-y Breakfast, Southern Lunch, and Lots of Trees

~*~*~

 
Whenever you visit Santa Fe, you must always eat breakfast at Tecolote Cafe. This is a must. But you do not need to pose like a pathetic-broken-winged-owl in front of the Tecolote Wall.

~*~*~*~
Pa and I drove and drove and drove.
We do not have many pictures of Texas, mostly because I managed to nap the entire way. 
We did, however, see this:

 
(I guess it's ironic that we later passed a town called "Atkins".) 

~*~*~

Pa and I did not stop for beef.
But we did drive, drive, and drive some more towards Pork. And Elvis.



And I guess Elvis is about as cool as Rare Bears. ....
Or so he wishes. 




Pa and I found our Pork.



And after making a solemn pledge to someday bring Ma to such Pork, we then drove and drove and drove some more. 

~*~*~
Until we finally arrived in the land of trees.
~*~*~
Hello, Virginia!
~*~*~

5 comments:

  1. Waaaaait. What about me? Do I not get to go and have such pork? :D

    Also, I'm so happy to see Tecolote Cafe again. I love that place. Much much love. :3

    Keep taking photos love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now have craving for such pork :) Dunno how long I will last.... before I start driving to East....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course.... I want to see my baby girl :) after the pork....

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! It's the FAM! Hi Fam-That-I-Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Pork that was, Em! Juicy, tender, sweet, falling off the bone delicious. Just for that, we should do another cross country drive through Memphis.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete