Tuesday 17 August 2010

CA to NM: "And they decided that all cars bear some semblance to hippos..."

Road Trip Revelations: Day 1

-Cars and Hippos. Don't the side mirrors on a car remind you of hippo ears? Or is this observation a result of spending most of the night packing and re-packing the car? Hmm. 

-The Beach Boys like geography. And girls. At least this is what my Dad thinks when he listens to "California Girls".

-I missed New Mexico more than I thought. It is so wonderful to be back, even if for a short while. I love the fresh mountain-y air, the reddish dirt, and even all of the adobe houses.  My dad and I ate dinner at La Casa Sena::La Cantina. (My dad used to take me here on dates when I was 6 or 7. I love my dad.) The building brought back many memories, and I fell in love with New Mexican architecture all over again. New Mexico, I love you I love you I love you.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A dog standing on its' hind legs? A woman with puffy bangs?

I love the highways of ABQ because they always lead our family to the zoo! How handy!

Hello, Jeep. Hello, rocky rolling hills. 

So, so luscious and green right now. :)

And so piercingly blue is the sky. 
"Puff!" say the clouds.

And we are happy. 

Cheerio for now!

2 comments:

  1. Missing you already little bird.
    But so happy that you're on your way!
    I got a free sewing machine from Shelley's mom--God takes care of my smallest, strangest needs.

    He'll keep you safe.

    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! All of your clouds and grassy hills look splendid. I miss you terribly and wonderfully.

    Sam B.

    ReplyDelete